The story of Common Ground is a story of both death and life. Early in 2006, the congregation formerly known as Central Christian Church closed its doors to pass on their assets and create a legacy. Approximately three acres of land and church building on the corner of Martin Luther King and North Boulevard was given to Stadia: New Church Strategies and Florida Church Planters to start a new work.
- In August of 2006, the leadership team recruited a new Lead Pastor. Recruiting the new pastor signified the new direction and dream of a multi-ethnic work for the heart of the city.
- In January of 2007, founding Lead Pastor Danny Schaffner and his family moved to Tampa. From this time on the goals were to remodel the facility, recruit a multi-ethnic team, and begin making relationships with the local community.
- On September 9, 2007, Common Ground Christian Church officially opened the doors. Over 250 people came to see what this church would be.
- On July 20, 2014, the congregation voted on Bruce Humphrey to be Common Ground's Lead Pastor.
- Today Common Ground is a young, vibrant church. People from every walk of life call Common Ground their home, and we would be glad to have you as our guest.